Silicon Valley Scholarship
Reach Labs is awarding the Silicon Valley Scholarship to a deserving Filipino university student to attend its flagship program free of cost.
Eligibility and Requirements
In order to be eligible for consideration, students interested in the scholarship must a) apply and be admitted to the program (click here to apply), and b) must satisfy all the 5 requirements below:
The following criteria will be used to select who receives the Silicon Valley scholarship:
1. Exceptional Leadership Skills. We're looking for students with a strong history of exceptional leadership, initiative, and impact.
2. Strong Passion for Entrepreneurship. We're looking for students who have displayed a strong passion for entrepreneurship and becoming future entrepreneurs.
3. Exemplary Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills. We're looking for students who have displayed exceptional teamwork and collaboration in team settings.
4. Unique Creativity and Innovation. We're looking for students who have a history of developing creative and innovative solutions to real-world problems.
5. Commitment and Determination. We're looking for students who have displayed exceptional perseverance, focus, and commitment to their endeavors.
The selection panel will include educators and entrepreneurs from Harvard Business School, Columbia University, MIT, Ateneo de Manila University, De La Salle University, and the University of the Philippines.
The early application deadline is on December 18. 2017. Students who apply by December 18 have the benefit of receiving their admissions decision before December 31, 2017. They may also have a higher chance of getting accepted into the program because applicants are admitted on a rolling basis. Students will also have more time to prepare for their travel plans such as visas and funding.
The late application deadline is on January 16, 2018. Students who apply by this date will receive their admissions decisions by February 2018.
The scholarship recipient will be notified via email by February 2018.
The scholarship will cover the following*:
*Note: The Silicon Valley Scholarship does not cover airfare and personal expenses such as daily meals, living and travel allowances, visa fees, and the like.